Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Sappington, MO. People have been finding camaraderie around fire since pre-historic times. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Sappington, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Sappington, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for a source of fire that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people form a circle around a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're best for people in Sappington, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or having an evening drink with their partner while watching the sunset. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and food items can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are designed to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're great for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney where smoke can escape to. They essentially look like large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are great for smaller decks in Sappington, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Sappington, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool night, and you'll be able to impress Sappington, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent permanent, Sappington, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Sappington, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when the weather isn't ideal? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Sappington, MO families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Sappington, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Sappington, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Sappington, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your outdoor living space personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.