Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Shrewsbury, MO. People have been building camaraderie around fire since the dawn of history. While that will likely never go away, in today's society a custom fire pit can help accentuate your outdoor space. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Shrewsbury, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Shrewsbury, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for flames that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for homeowners in Shrewsbury, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or having an evening drink with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where drinks and food items can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're perfect for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are great for smaller outdoor spaces in Shrewsbury, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Shrewsbury, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a cool night, and it's always nice to impress Shrewsbury, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent installation, Shrewsbury, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Shrewsbury, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for quick, mini-vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't great? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or something more modern?
Our team has become a household name in Shrewsbury, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Shrewsbury, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Shrewsbury, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Shrewsbury, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Shrewsbury, MO neighborhood. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.