The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in St. Peters, MO. Humans have been telling stories around fire since pre-historic times. While that will likely never go away, in today's society a custom fire pit can be a great feature in your outdoor space. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in St. Peters, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in St. Peters, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're best for people in St. Peters, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, digging into a book, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are meant to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're ideal for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They essentially look like large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller yards in St. Peters, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in St. Peters, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer top use wood. There's nothing like the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to put your St. Peters, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What part of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent permanent, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in St. Peters, MO or to foliage. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or something more modern?
Our team has become a household name in St. Peters, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in St. Peters, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in St. Peters, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your St. Peters, MO neighborhood. We give both you and your home the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.