Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Lake St Louis, MO. Humankind has been finding camaraderie around fire since before recorded history. While that hasn't changed, nowadays a custom fire pit can be a great feature in your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Lake St Louis, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Lake St Louis, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're ideal for people in Lake St Louis, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while watching the sun go down. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where glasses and food items can site, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They often feature best as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are meant to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Inspired by traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They essentially look like large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller patios in Lake St Louis, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have magnificent stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Lake St Louis, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer top use wood. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to put your Lake St Louis, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent installation, local laws or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Lake St Louis, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when it's raining? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Lake St Louis, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Lake St Louis, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Lake St Louis, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Lake St Louis, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Lake St Louis, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.