Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Ladue, MO. Humans have been gathering around fire since pre-historic times. While that hasn't changed, in today's society a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Ladue, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Ladue, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for flames that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Ladue, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while watching the sunset. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and appetizers can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They often feature best as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are designed to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're perfect for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put in storage when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Based on ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller yards in Ladue, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They typically have ornate designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Ladue, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer top burn wood. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to put your Ladue, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent permanent, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Ladue, MO or to trees. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't ideal? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or something more bohemian?
Our team has decades of experience providing Ladue, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Ladue, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Ladue, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Ladue, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your outdoor living space the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.