Give Your Property The Makeover It Deserves
Landscaping companies in St. Louis. Landscaping can make an ordinary house look elegant, and a stylish house look like a palace. It adds value to your home and can make you the envy of the neighborhood. However, not all landscaping companies are created equal, and if the work is going to be done, it needs to be done right. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Design has been a leading landscaping company in the St. Louis area for over 30 years. We know how to take your vision and needs, and combine them with our expertise and out-of-the-box thinking to create stunning landscapes and yards. If you're considering a makeover for your home, or simply want some minor enhancements, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
How to Choose the Right St. Louis Landscaping Company
There are a lot of advantages to landscaping and hardscaping for your St. Louis home. It boosts curb appeal, makes a wonderful first impression on family and friends, and extends your living space to your entire property.
But, in order to get the best results, you need to know what you want, and you need to hire a St. Louis landscaping company that can fit those needs. Below are 6 important questions to ask yourself before hiring a landscaping company:
- What type of landscaping work am I looking for? You need to have a clear idea of what work you want done to your property in order to find the landscaping company that best fits your needs. Make a list, sketch ideas, and make sure you give a prospective landscaping company a clear idea of what you envision for your property. When you share your ideas, pay attention to what ideas landscaping companies are offering you. They should want to work with you to deliver what you want, but also use their expertise to get you the best possible results.
- Will what I envision work with the rest of my yard? A lot of issues come with landscape design. Certain plants and soil types don't work well together, proposed shrubs or hardscaping may not go well with the rest of your yard, or water features may not look right with your lawn. Some enhancements may lead to drainage or erosion issues. When talking to landscaping companies, ask them their opinion on how your ideas will mesh with your yard. That will give you a good sense of they're the right landscaping company to work with.
- Do they offer a variety of services? Some St. Louis landscaping companies mostly design, while others build. Some are more concerned with flora and gardening, while others focus more on structures like walls or terraces. If you want an outdoor kitchen, it may not be the best idea to hire a company that specializes in shrubs. The best landscaping companies are versatile and take a comprehensive view of your yard. Make sure the company you're hiring has experience with and expertise in all the enhancements you want to make.
- Are they designers as well as landscapers? Landscaping is more than just adding new plants or trimming them. Landscape design involves a lot of elements, such as proper utilization of color, space, transition, and proportion, and the optimal balancing of functionality with aesthetics. You'll want a landscaping company in St. Louis that begins its process with expert and detailed design work.
- Do they have a portfolio of completed projects? Everybody has to start somewhere, but you'll still want a landscaping company with a clear, demonstrated history of doing great work for St. Louis homeowners and allowing their properties to thrive. See if their website has a gallery or project spotlight so you can be sure their abilities and tastes match with what you want.
- Do they have good reviews? Pictures of completed projects are one thing, but see what their St. Louis-area clients have to say about their experience. Does the landscaping company listen to ideas? Are they prompt, friendly, and considerate? Are they easy to get a hold of? Take a look at their client testimonials or look at their Google reviews. You'll want to know that the people transforming your yard will be reliable and that you'll enjoy working with them.
If you're searching for landscaping companies in St. Louis, consider Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction. In our 30 years of experience, we have earned an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and the praise of countless St. Louis individuals and families and St. Louis Homes & Lifestyles Magazine, and have won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design Awards. Contact us today to discuss how we can transform your yard.
Poynter's St. Louis Landscaping Company
At Poynter, we enjoy exchanging ideas and thinking outside the box to deliver our St. Louis clients the exterior living space of their dreams. We take an open-minded, collaborative approach to landscaping in order to merge our expertise with your tastes and needs. When you choose Poynter Landscaping, you'll get:
- Residential design — Our horticulture professionals, landscape architects, and craftsman builders work as a team to design beautiful and functional properties for St. Louis families. Our attention to detail, design expertise, and pre-planning ensure your satisfaction at the end of a project.
Download Our Free Outdoor Living Design Guide
- Digital 3D Rendering — You won't have to rely on flat blueprints or our explanations in order to get a feel for what your new yard may feel like. We use 3D rendering and short digital videos so you can imagine yourself moving through the space.
- Outdoor lighting — Outdoor lighting not only allows you to enjoy your outdoor space after sunset, but it also increases your home's security. Additionally, nighttime navigation is easier and architectural features of your home can be accented at night.
- After care — Our job isn't done once the crews have left and we've given you the backyard of your dreams. We'll teach you how to properly water and care for your plants, and how to plan your irrigation system. You'll have a one-on-one session with one of our horticulture maintenance professionals, who can answer any questions you may have.
- Maintenance — Not sure you want to rely on yourself to keep your new yard in pristine condition? Whether you want seasonal shrub bed cleanup, new plantings, or other help around the yard, we offer 4 different maintenance plans so your lawn will always be professionally taken care of.
- Hardscape structures — In addition to horticulture and landscaping expertise, we can create a variety of structures to help make your home the preferred barbecue spot in the neighborhood, or just a great place for your family and close friends to enjoy each other's company. Those include:
Already like how most of your property looks? Not ready to take on a big commitment just yet? No worries, Poynter Landscaping also does small projects and enhancements for St. Louis homeowners who just want to shape things up between seasons or add some extra lighting.
We also offer commercial design for businesses in the St. Louis area that want to create a great first impression on clients and improve employee health.
Call a Premier St. Louis Landscaping Company Today | Poynter Landscaping
We love nothing more than using our passion and expertise to give St. Louis residents the home they always wanted, whether that means a full landscaping and hardscaping makeover, installing a new patio or outdoor fire pit, or just getting their flower beds ready for a new season. For a leading landscaping company in St. Louis, and to transform your property in ways you never expected, call Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction today at 636-256-2600 or online.