The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Yard
Custom Fire Pits in Affton, MO. People have been finding security and comfort around fire since before recorded history. While that will likely never go away, nowadays a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Affton, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Affton, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people sit on any side of a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for homeowners in Affton, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while watching the sun go down. Because they're low to the ground, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and appetizers can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They often feature best as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like a traditional campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are great for smaller decks in Affton, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have impressive stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Affton, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that stock designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to put your Affton, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- What area of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent permanent, local laws or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Affton, MO or to trees. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Affton, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Affton, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Affton, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Affton, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Affton, MO neighborhood. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.