Get the Garden You Want Without the Hassle
Gardeners near me in St. Louis. Looking for a little seasonal maintenance? Want to completely reimagine how your home's exterior looks? Whatever your gardening or planting needs, Poynter Landscaping's gardeners will be proud to give your home the makeover your want. We are an A-Z shop for gardening services, and we love leaving our imprint on how our local St. Louis-area communities look and feel. Read on below to learn more about the services we offer, call us today 636-256-2600, or contact us online for gardening services that are trusted throughout the St. Louis area.
What Services Do Gardeners Offer in St. Louis?
Professional landscaping and gardening companies offer a range of services, from designing and installing beautiful, full gardens, to maintenance, annual and seasonal cleanup, or just small projects to make your home "pop" a little more. The best gardeners will be able to fit their skills to whatever your needs and dreams are for your home's exterior.
If you want a lush, amazing-looking garden starting from scratch or near scratch, it's going to require a lot of forethought. Some of what garden design requires thinking about includes:
- What plants will grow in which seasons, and how they'll mix with your evergreens
- How the sun will hit different parts of your garden at different types of your day
- How your plants will fit around any hardscape and structures you may have
- How certain shrubs can accent any fences and walls
- Any drainage solutions you'll need given your unique yard
- How spaces will be created and linked
- What parts of your garden and home you want highlighted
- Traditional garden design elements like color, geometry, and symmetry
Do you want your garden to lead guests around your home's exterior? Do you want a half-circle of conifers to help you feel snuggled in around an outdoor fire pit? Are you looking to add more privacy from your neighbors?
Poynter landscaping offers digital 3D and rendering so you'll know exactly how your new outdoor space will look and feel.
Once we've designed your perfect garden, or even if you only want a few new plants installed, they need to be planted correctly in order to look their best and last. You'll need strong and healthy plants, the right soil pH levels for your plants, and the soil will need to be properly loosened to help the roots grow.
Poynter Landscaping's St. Louis gardeners are all highly trained and experienced horticulturists, and know how plants grow and how to ensure long-term success. Our planting experts know how to make plants thrive in the extreme and ever-changing St. Louis weather.
Maintenance and After Care
Garden maintenance is essential to the long-term health and success of your plants. We can help you maintain your garden to whatever extent you desire. Some of our St. Louis clients only request our services once a year, while others want our help consistently throughout the year, so they can enjoy their garden while staying hands-off. Our garden maintenance services include (but aren't limited to):
- Perennial maintenance
- Ground cover trim
- Debris removal from beds
- Deer and rabbit control
- Bed edging
- Shrub pruning
- Bed cultivation
- Leaf removal
- Annual or seasonal plantings
You can see details of our pre-paid tiered maintenance plans by clicking the buttons below:
If you've used us for your landscaping or planting, you'll have a one-on-one horticulture coach to educate you on the best practices for taking care of your plants and answer your questions. You can watch some of our after care videos here for free.
With the drastic changes in seasons in St. Louis comes the need to clean up debris in the fall and prepare your garden in the spring. In the spring, maintenance includes:
- Cleaning out and preparing flower beds
- Fresh mulch covering to help flowers pop and reduce weed invasion
- Edging beds and outdoor features
- Installing spring flowers like daffodils, tulips, primrose, iris, and others
In the fall, we can handle your leaf removal, enhance seasonal flower beds, and offer our irrigation services.
Our cleanup services are one-and-done; your property will get up to shape in no time.
Small Projects and Enhancements
While we love transforming home exteriors with our gardening and landscaping services, we love doing smaller projects for St. Louis homeowners, and have several team members specifically dedicated to them. Small gardening projects can help boost curb appeal and refreshen tired or overgrown landscapes. Most projects can be quoted, designed, and executed quickly.
How Do I Find Good Local St. Louis Gardeners?
If you're going to invest in gardening services in St. Louis, you'll want to make sure the job's done right the first time. Otherwise, your property may look messy or unbecoming, and you may end up just having to pay somebody else to do the job right later. Some things to look for in order to find a good local gardener in St. Louis include:
- Experience — Have they done the type of work you're looking for before? The best gardeners and best gardening companies will have years of experience, horticulture education, and awards.
- Areas of service — Do they offer everything you're looking for? A gardener may be proficient in planting certain flowers, but lack the knowledge needed to plant trees or perennials. Someone who offers great lawn maintenance may not be capable of taking on a large landscaping project.
- Reviews and testimonials — What do their previous clients think about them? Happy customers will be happy to speak well of their experience. Check out online ratings and reviews, and see if they're willing to offer you references.
- Previous projects — Any gardener who does great work will be happy to show it off. Check on their website, or ask them, if they have pictures of previous projects similar to what you're looking for.
Our gardeners and horticulturists have decades of experience helping St. Louis properties look their best. We can take on any project great or small. Please take a look at our client testimonials, our 5-star reviews on Google, our gallery, and project spotlight to see the great work we've done in the St. Louis area.
How Often Should a Gardener Come?
How often your St. Louis gardener comes is mostly based on your needs, your budget, and how much work you want to put into your garden yourself. Some people just want a one-off spring or fall shrub bed cleanup to help prepare their beds and trees for a new season and have someone else do the heavy work. Others want monthly weeding or pruning, and an amazing garden without having to put much work in themselves. Others are somewhere in between, and just want a little extra help around the yard.
Choose Poynter Landscaping For Your "Gardeners Near Me" in St. Louis
Whether you want a whole home exterior makeover, or just some extra help with your least favorite parts of garden maintenance, Poynter Landscaping has the experience and skills needed to do the job right. It shouldn't be a hassle to make your property the envy of the neighborhood. We take on projects of all sizes and are ready to give you the exact outdoor home improvement you want. To learn more about our company, our services, or to schedule a quote, call or contact our team at 636-256-2600, or fill out this form here.