Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Innsbrook, MO. People have been finding security and comfort around fire since pre-historic times. While that will likely never go away, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Innsbrook, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Innsbrook, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Innsbrook, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while watching the sunset. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where glasses and appetizers can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like a traditional campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller yards in Innsbrook, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They typically have magnificent stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Innsbrook, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to put your Innsbrook, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- What part of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, Innsbrook, MO regulations or your HOA may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Innsbrook, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Innsbrook, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Innsbrook, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Innsbrook, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.