Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Glencoe, MO. Humankind has been building camaraderie around fire since before recorded history. While that remains the same, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Glencoe, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Glencoe, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people sit on any side of a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're ideal for people in Glencoe, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while watching the sun go down. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where drinks and appetizers can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're perfect for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Inspired by ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller outdoor spaces in Glencoe, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Glencoe, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits unique to each job we do. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer top use wood. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool evening, and it's always nice to impress Glencoe, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What area of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent permanent, Glencoe, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Glencoe, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Glencoe, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Glencoe, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Glencoe, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Glencoe, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your outdoor living space personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.