Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Grover, MO. Humans have been gathering around fire since the dawn of history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit can help accentuate your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Grover, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Grover, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're ideal for homeowners in Grover, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or having an evening drink with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're low to the ground, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and food items can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're great for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of an old school campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Inspired by traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are great for smaller decks in Grover, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have impressive stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Grover, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each job we do. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. Below are four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly evening, and it's always nice to put your Grover, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent permanent, local laws or your HOA may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Grover, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't ideal? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Grover, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Grover, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Grover, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.