Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Huntleigh, MO. Humankind has been telling stories around fire since before recorded history. While that remains the same, nowadays a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Huntleigh, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Huntleigh, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for flames that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people form a circle around a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're best for people in Huntleigh, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where drinks and food items can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Based on traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are great for smaller patios in Huntleigh, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They often have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Huntleigh, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly evening, and you'll be able to impress Huntleigh, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What area of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you opt for a permanent permanent, local ordinances or your HOA may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Huntleigh, MO or to low-hanging branches. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't ideal? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or something more modern?
Our team has become a household name in Huntleigh, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Huntleigh, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Huntleigh, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Huntleigh, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your outdoor living space personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.