The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Compliment Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in St. Albans, MO. People have been telling stories around fire since pre-historic times. While that will likely never go away, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in St. Albans, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in St. Albans, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people sit on any side of a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for homeowners in St. Albans, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, digging into a book, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and food items can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are meant to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're perfect for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of an old school campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Based on ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are great for smaller decks in St. Albans, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in St. Albans, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. We've put together four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer top burn wood. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool evening, and you'll be able to put your St. Albans, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent permanent, St. Albans, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in St. Albans, MO or to low-hanging branches. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't great? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed brick or marble custom fire pit? Or something more modern?
Our team has decades of experience providing St. Albans, MO families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other St. Albans, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in St. Albans, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in St. Albans, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.