The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Compliment Your Yard
Custom Fire Pits in Oakville, MO. People have been finding camaraderie around fire since before recorded history. While that will likely never go away, nowadays a custom fire pit can help accentuate your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and applies innovative ideas to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Oakville, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Oakville, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're ideal for homeowners in Oakville, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where drinks and food items can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They often feature best as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're perfect for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney where smoke can escape to. They essentially look like large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are great for smaller areas in Oakville, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Oakville, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly evening, and you'll be able to impress Oakville, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- What area of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent installation, local ordinances or your HOA may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Oakville, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't great? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or something more bohemian?
Our team has become a household name in Oakville, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Oakville, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Oakville, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your outdoor living space personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.