Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Lemay, MO. Humans have been telling stories around fire since pre-historic times. While that will likely never go away, in today's society a custom fire pit can also help add beauty to your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Lemay, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Lemay, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for flames that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people form a circle around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Lemay, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or having an evening drink with their partner while watching the sunset. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and food items can site, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're ideal for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Based on traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller patios in Lemay, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Lemay, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the crackle and pop of wood on a cool evening, and it's always nice to put your Lemay, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What area of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent installation, local ordinances or your HOA may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Lemay, MO or to low-hanging branches. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when the weather isn't great? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Lemay, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Lemay, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Lemay, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Lemay, MO neighborhood. We give both you and your property the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.