Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Cottleville, MO. People have been telling stories around fire since before recorded history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Cottleville, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Cottleville, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for flames that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people sit on any side of a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Cottleville, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're low to the ground, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and hors d'oeuvres can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put way when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller patios in Cottleville, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Cottleville, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a chilly evening, and you'll be able to impress Cottleville, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- What area of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you opt for a permanent installation, local laws or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Cottleville, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Cottleville, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Cottleville, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Cottleville, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Cottleville, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your outdoor living space the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.