The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in Glendale, MO. Humans have been building camaraderie around fire since pre-historic times. While that remains the same, nowadays a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Glendale, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Glendale, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're ideal for homeowners in Glendale, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where drinks and appetizers can site, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are meant to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're perfect for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Inspired by ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller yards in Glendale, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They often have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Glendale, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. We've put together four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer top use wood. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to impress Glendale, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- What part of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, local laws or your HOA may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Glendale, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for quick, mini-vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't great? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Glendale, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Glendale, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Glendale, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.