Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Maryland Heights, MO. Humans have been building camaraderie around fire since pre-historic times. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit can help accentuate your outdoor space. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Maryland Heights, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Maryland Heights, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for flames that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're best for homeowners in Maryland Heights, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are meant to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They essentially look like large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller outdoor spaces in Maryland Heights, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have magnificent stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Maryland Heights, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. We've put together four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to impress Maryland Heights, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent permanent, local laws or your HOA may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Maryland Heights, MO or to trees. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when the weather isn't great? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or something more bohemian?
Our team has become a household name in Maryland Heights, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Maryland Heights, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Maryland Heights, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Maryland Heights, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Maryland Heights, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your home the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.