The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Compliment Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in Creve Coeur, MO. Humans have been building camaraderie around fire since pre-historic times. While that remains the same, nowadays a custom fire pit can be a great feature in your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Creve Coeur, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Creve Coeur, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for a source of fire that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people sit on any side of a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Creve Coeur, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, digging into a book, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where glasses and food items can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're perfect for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Based on ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are perfect for smaller outdoor spaces in Creve Coeur, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Creve Coeur, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool night, and it's always nice to impress Creve Coeur, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, local laws or your HOA may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Creve Coeur, MO or to trees. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Creve Coeur, MO families the custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Creve Coeur, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Creve Coeur, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Creve Coeur, MO neighborhood. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.