Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in St. Louis County, MO. People have been gathering around fire since pre-historic times. While that hasn't changed, nowadays a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in St. Louis County, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in St. Louis County, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people form a circle around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for people in St. Louis County, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while watching the sunset. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are meant to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're ideal for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put way when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Based on traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a curved roof and chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are great for smaller decks in St. Louis County, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have magnificent stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in St. Louis County, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. Below are four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to put your St. Louis County, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent installation, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in St. Louis County, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't ideal? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or something more bohemian?
Our team has decades of experience providing St. Louis County, MO families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in St. Louis County, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in St. Louis County, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your St. Louis County, MO neighborhood. We give both you and your outdoor living space the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.