Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Brentwood, MO. Humankind has been telling stories around fire since the dawn of history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Brentwood, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Brentwood, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for flames that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're best for homeowners in Brentwood, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, digging into a book, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and hors d'oeuvres can site, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are meant to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put way when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They essentially look like large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller yards in Brentwood, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Brentwood, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that stock designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer top use wood. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to put your Brentwood, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent permanent, local ordinances or your HOA may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Brentwood, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for quick, mini-vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Brentwood, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Brentwood, MO include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Brentwood, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Brentwood, MO neighborhood. We give both you and your property the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.