Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Warson Woods, MO. Humankind has been finding security and comfort around fire since before recorded history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Warson Woods, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Warson Woods, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're ideal for people in Warson Woods, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're perfect for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and are easy to store when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller patios in Warson Woods, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have ornate designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Warson Woods, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a cool evening, and it's always nice to put your Warson Woods, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent installation, local laws or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Warson Woods, MO or to low-hanging branches. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't great? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Warson Woods, MO families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Warson Woods, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Warson Woods, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Warson Woods, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.