The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in Kirkwood, MO. Humankind has been finding camaraderie around fire since the dawn of history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit can also help add beauty to your outdoor space. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and applies innovative ideas to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Kirkwood, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Kirkwood, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Kirkwood, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are meant to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're perfect for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller outdoor spaces in Kirkwood, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Kirkwood, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each job we do. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer top burn wood. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a cool night, and you'll be able to put your Kirkwood, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What part of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, Kirkwood, MO regulations or your HOA may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Kirkwood, MO or to low-hanging branches. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when the weather isn't ideal? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or something more modern?
Our team has become a household name in Kirkwood, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Kirkwood, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Kirkwood, MO include:
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Kirkwood, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Kirkwood, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.