Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Harvester, MO. Humankind has been finding security and comfort around fire since before recorded history. While that will likely never go away, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Harvester, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Harvester, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Harvester, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, doing a crossword, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where drinks and food items can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are meant to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like a classic campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller outdoor spaces in Harvester, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They often have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Harvester, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each job we do. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. We've put together four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to impress Harvester, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- What part of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent permanent, Harvester, MO regulations or your HOA may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Harvester, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when the weather isn't ideal? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Harvester, MO families the custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Harvester, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Harvester, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.