The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in Town and Country, MO. Humans have been telling stories around fire since before recorded history. While that hasn't changed, nowadays a custom fire pit can also help add beauty to your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Town and Country, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Town and Country, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for flames that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for people in Town and Country, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, doing a crossword, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller decks in Town and Country, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Town and Country, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each job we do. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the crackle and pop of wood on a cold night, and you'll be able to impress Town and Country, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent installation, Town and Country, MO regulations or your HOA may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Town and Country, MO or to low-hanging branches. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or something more modern?
Our team has decades of experience providing Town and Country, MO families the custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Town and Country, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Town and Country, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Town and Country, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your outdoor living space the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.