Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Clayton, MO. Humans have been finding camaraderie around fire since pre-historic times. While that remains the same, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Clayton, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Clayton, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for a source of fire that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're best for homeowners in Clayton, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They often feature best as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're ideal for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller decks in Clayton, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Clayton, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a chilly night, and it's always nice to impress Clayton, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- What area of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent installation, local laws or your HOA may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Clayton, MO or to foliage. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Clayton, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Clayton, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Clayton, MO include:
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Clayton, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.