The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Yard
Custom Fire Pits in Belleville, IL. People have been finding security and comfort around fire since the dawn of history. While that will likely never go away, in today's society a custom fire pit can also help add beauty to your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Belleville, IL. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Belleville, IL
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're best for people in Belleville, IL want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, doing a crossword, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and appetizers can site, or where you can rest your feet. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're ideal for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like a classic campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are great for smaller patios in Belleville, IL as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have ornate designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Belleville, IL
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that stock designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. We've put together four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly evening, and it's always nice to put your Belleville, IL friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, Belleville, IL regulations or your homeowners' association may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Belleville, IL or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't ideal? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed brick or marble custom fire pit? Or something more bohemian?
Our team has decades of experience providing Belleville, IL families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Belleville, IL include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Belleville, IL
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.