The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in Sunset Hills, MO. People have been gathering around fire since the dawn of history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Sunset Hills, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Sunset Hills, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for flames that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're best for homeowners in Sunset Hills, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where drinks and food items can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are meant to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're perfect for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They essentially look like large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller patios in Sunset Hills, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have impressive stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Sunset Hills, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that stock designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer top use wood. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool night, and it's always nice to put your Sunset Hills, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- What part of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent permanent, local laws or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Sunset Hills, MO or to low-hanging branches. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't great? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Sunset Hills, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Sunset Hills, MO include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Sunset Hills, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.