Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Manchester, MO. Humankind has been telling stories around fire since pre-historic times. While that will likely never go away, in today's society a custom fire pit can be a great feature in your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Manchester, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Manchester, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're best for people in Manchester, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller yards in Manchester, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have magnificent stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Manchester, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a chilly evening, and you'll be able to impress Manchester, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent installation, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Manchester, MO or to low-hanging branches. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed brick or marble custom fire pit? Or something more bohemian?
Our team has decades of experience providing Manchester, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Manchester, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Manchester, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Manchester, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.