Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Crestwood, MO. Humans have been building camaraderie around fire since before recorded history. While that remains the same, in today's society a custom fire pit can help accentuate your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Crestwood, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Crestwood, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for a source of fire that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for people in Crestwood, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're low to the ground, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where drinks and food items can site, or where you can rest your feet. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Inspired by traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller patios in Crestwood, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Crestwood, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a chilly evening, and you'll be able to impress Crestwood, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you decide to go with a permanent permanent, Crestwood, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Crestwood, MO or to low-hanging branches. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when the weather isn't great? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Crestwood, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Crestwood, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Crestwood, MO include:
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Crestwood, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.