Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Olivette, MO. Humans have been gathering around fire since the dawn of history. While that remains the same, in today's society a custom fire pit can be a great feature in your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Olivette, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Olivette, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're best for homeowners in Olivette, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Based on traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a curved roof and chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are great for smaller patios in Olivette, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Olivette, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that stock designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. We've put together four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer top use wood. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool evening, and you'll be able to put your Olivette, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent permanent, local ordinances or your HOA may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Olivette, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't great? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Olivette, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Olivette, MO include:
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Olivette, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.