The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Compliment Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in St. Charles County, MO. Humans have been gathering around fire since before recorded history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit can also help add beauty to your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in St. Charles County, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in St. Charles County, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in St. Charles County, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where drinks and food items can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like an old school campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Inspired by traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller areas in St. Charles County, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in St. Charles County, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cold night, and you'll be able to put your St. Charles County, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What area of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, local ordinances or your HOA may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in St. Charles County, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't great? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing St. Charles County, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other St. Charles County, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in St. Charles County, MO include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in St. Charles County, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your outdoor living space the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.