Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in University City, MO. Humans have been gathering around fire since pre-historic times. While that will likely never go away, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in University City, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in University City, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for flames that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will largely depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're ideal for people in University City, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and appetizers can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of an old school campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and are easy to store when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Inspired by ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are great for smaller areas in University City, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have impressive stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in University City, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a cold evening, and it's always nice to put your University City, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, local laws or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in University City, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in University City, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other University City, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in University City, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in University City, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.