Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in St. Louis, MO. People have been finding camaraderie around fire since the dawn of history. While that will likely never go away, in today's society a custom fire pit can be a great feature in your outdoor space. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and applies innovative ideas to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in St. Louis, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in St. Louis, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're ideal for people in St. Louis, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and appetizers can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are meant to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're perfect for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a classic campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Inspired by traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller outdoor spaces in St. Louis, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They typically have impressive stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in St. Louis, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to impress St. Louis, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- What area of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, St. Louis, MO regulations or your HOA may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in St. Louis, MO or to trees. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't ideal? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in St. Louis, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other St. Louis, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in St. Louis, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in St. Louis, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.