Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Jefferson County, MO. Humankind has been building camaraderie around fire since the dawn of history. While that hasn't changed, in today's society a custom fire pit can also help add beauty to your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Jefferson County, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Jefferson County, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're ideal for people in Jefferson County, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a curved roof and chimney for ventilation. They essentially look like large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller areas in Jefferson County, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Jefferson County, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool evening, and it's always nice to impress Jefferson County, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What part of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Jefferson County, MO or to foliage. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't ideal? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Jefferson County, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Jefferson County, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Jefferson County, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.