The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in Ellisville, MO. Humans have been telling stories around fire since pre-historic times. While that hasn't changed, nowadays a custom fire pit can help accentuate your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Ellisville, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Ellisville, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're best for homeowners in Ellisville, MO want to use the fire pit for hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and food items can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're perfect for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of an old school campfire. These metal rings rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller patios in Ellisville, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They typically have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Ellisville, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer top use wood. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cold night, and you'll be able to put your Ellisville, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent installation, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Ellisville, MO or to foliage. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Ellisville, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Ellisville, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Ellisville, MO include:
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Ellisville, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.