The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Yard
Custom Fire Pits in Columbia, IL. Humans have been gathering around fire since before recorded history. While that will likely never go away, in today's society a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Columbia, IL. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Columbia, IL
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for homeowners in Columbia, IL want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where glasses and food items can site, or where you can rest your feet. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're great for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Inspired by traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller outdoor spaces in Columbia, IL as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have impressive stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Columbia, IL
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the traditional wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to put your Columbia, IL friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- What part of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you decide to go with a permanent installation, Columbia, IL regulations or your homeowners' association may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Columbia, IL or to trees. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when the weather isn't ideal? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Columbia, IL families the custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Columbia, IL include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Columbia, IL
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Columbia, IL friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.