Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in St. Louis. If you want to transform your outdoor space into a beautiful and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped St. Louis homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for over 25 years. Our amazing team of designers and horticulturists are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We challenge you to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our expertise to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in St. Louis, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in St. Louis?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are many benefits to working with a professional landscape designer. Here are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in St. Louis:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the training and experience to create beautiful, functional outdoor spaces that bridge your unique needs with your preferences by bringing new and creative ideas to the table. They can suggest unique features and designs that you may not have considered before. They can help you think outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design that is both functional and beautiful.
- Site analysis — Professional designers can evaluate your property and determine the best use of space, taking into account factors like sun exposure, soil quality, and drainage. St. Louis homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a realistic budget for your project and find ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the experience and knowledge to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget. They also have the skills and resources to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
- Project management — From obtaining permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience. They can oversee the entire process, from design to installation, and ensure that everything is done correctly and on time. They can also help you find reputable contractors and suppliers, which can save you time and money.
- Increase property value — A well-designed landscape can significantly increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you choose plants, materials, and features that will enhance your property's curb appeal and overall value.
While many St. Louis homeowners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," any time you're making major updates to your property, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local St. Louis Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional St. Louis landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your project. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great opportunity to meet with local designers, see their work, and ask questions.
- Consider Their Reputation — If a landscape designer has received awards for their work and has a stellar reputation in their community, you can tell that their work has earned it.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it online. Look at the work they've done on other St. Louis homes and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can read our client testimonials here, or check out our gallery and project spotlight.
Principles of Landscape Design in St. Louis
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of creating a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the principle of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the landscape. This includes considering the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic and engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, it is important to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using native plants and materials, minimizing water use, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable and environmentally friendly landscape that enhances the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another key consideration when designing a landscape is functionality. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help guide guests through your St. Louis yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that offers more privacy, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, it is important to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain, and designing the space in a way that minimizes the need for ongoing upkeep. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in St. Louis Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create a variety of different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as sunlight, soil type, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, concrete, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of tranquility and relaxation in the landscape. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance and mood. This is particularly important for outdoor spaces that are used in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories, such as benches, chairs, and sculptures, can be used to add personality and style to the landscape. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Landscape Design Near Me in St. Louis | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional St. Louis landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local St. Louis communities over our more than 25 years in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every project in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.