The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Yard
Custom Fire Pits in Eureka, MO. Humans have been telling stories around fire since the dawn of history. While that hasn't changed, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, listens to you, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Eureka, MO. We can design and install a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Eureka, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're best for people in Eureka, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while watching the sunset. Because they're they're typically not very tall, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and appetizers can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're perfect for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of an old school campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and are easy to store when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Based on ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are great for smaller yards in Eureka, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have ornate designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Eureka, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer top use wood. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a cool evening, and it's always nice to put your Eureka, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent permanent, local laws or your homeowners' association may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Eureka, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Eureka, MO because we know how to design and install custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Eureka, MO include:
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Eureka, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Eureka, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your home the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We delight in helping homeowners with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.