Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Arnold, MO. People have been finding camaraderie around fire since the dawn of history. While that will likely never go away, in modern times a custom fire pit can be a great feature in your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Arnold, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one that's more of an eye-catcher, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Arnold, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for a source of fire that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for homeowners in Arnold, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, reading by themselves, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl to help the heat dissipate a little bit more.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and hors d'oeuvres can site, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host guests. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're perfect for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These are the fire pits most like a classic campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and are easy to store when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Inspired by ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are perfect for smaller areas in Arnold, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Arnold, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that stock designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer top use wood. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a cool night, and it's always nice to impress Arnold, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What part of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent permanent, local laws or your HOA may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Arnold, MO or to shrubs, trees, or other greenery. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Arnold, MO families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, reach out to us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Arnold, MO residents with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Arnold, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Arnold, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendliness, reliability, and capabilities. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.