Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Ballwin, MO. People have been finding camaraderie around fire since before recorded history. While that remains the same, nowadays a custom fire pit can help accentuate your outdoor space. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Ballwin, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Ballwin, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for flames that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people form a circle around a fire pit. Which type of fire pit you want will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for homeowners in Ballwin, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while watching the sun go down. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and appetizers can be placed, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are intended to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for keeping hands warm while you eat and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are ideal for smaller areas in Ballwin, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They often have ornate stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Ballwin, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. Below are four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits are easier to start and keep clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. There's nothing like the sound of crackling wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to put your Ballwin, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you decide to go with a permanent permanent, Ballwin, MO regulations or your HOA may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Ballwin, MO or to low-hanging branches. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when it's raining? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Ballwin, MO families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit you may prefer, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Ballwin, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Ballwin, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in Ballwin, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of a fun group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Ballwin, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.