The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Yard
Custom Fire Pits in Wildwood, MO. Humankind has been finding security and comfort around fire since before recorded history. While that hasn't changed, in today's society a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and needs in Wildwood, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Wildwood, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for people in Wildwood, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, doing a crossword, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables come in a range of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and food items can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and can be put in storage when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help contain the fire.
Inspired by ancient Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller areas in Wildwood, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They typically have impressive designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Wildwood, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. We've put together four important questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be a great feature in an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to create more space when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
On the other hand, you may prefer the old-school wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to put your Wildwood, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent installation, Wildwood, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have rules about how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Wildwood, MO or to low-hanging branches. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for quick, mini-vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or something more bohemian?
Our team has decades of experience providing Wildwood, MO families the custom fire pits that work for you in terms of both aesthetics and function. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Wildwood, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Wildwood, MO include:
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
- Pool Installation
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Landscaping Company
- Landscape Architecture
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Wildwood, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of a fun team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.