Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Valley Park, MO. Humans have been telling stories around fire since before recorded history. While that remains the same, in modern times a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and works with you to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Valley Park, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Valley Park, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people sit on any side of a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're ideal for homeowners in Valley Park, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while looking at the night sky. Because they're low to the ground, people sitting around them will be able to stay warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have surfaces around the fire where glasses and food items can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for people who like to use their outdoor space to host parties. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are intended to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're perfect for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. They're simple metal rings that are placed on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Based on traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They resemble large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are great for smaller decks in Valley Park, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They usually have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in Valley Park, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each job we do. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and what you want it for. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Would I prefer a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer top burn wood. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a chilly night, and you'll be able to put your Valley Park, MO friends and family in awe with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent permanent, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Valley Park, MO or to foliage. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it in a secluded area for quick, mini-vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Valley Park, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Valley Park, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Valley Park, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.