Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in St. Charles, MO. Humankind has been finding security and comfort around fire since before recorded history. While that hasn't changed, nowadays a custom fire pit can also help add beauty to your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, listens to you, and works with you to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in St. Charles, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in St. Charles, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term that encompasses everything from holes in the ground to elaborate stone structures. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're ideal for homeowners in St. Charles, MO who look forward to sitting around the fire with friends, doing a crossword, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can also choose to elevate the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where drinks and hors d'oeuvres can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are meant to be placed on small tables throughout a yard. They're perfect for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and discouraging mosquitoes.
These will remind you most of an old school campfire. They're simple metal rings that rest directly on the ground and can be put in storage when you're not using them. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Based on ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a curved roof and chimney where smoke can escape to. They resemble large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Some have a small bowl on top of them, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are perfect for smaller outdoor spaces in St. Charles, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They often have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Getting a Custom Fire Pit in St. Charles, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits unique to each project we take on. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. Below are four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can add an amazing accent to the rest of your outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer top burn wood. There's nothing like the crackle and pop of wood on a chilly night, and it's always nice to impress St. Charles, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you opt for a permanent installation, local ordinances or your homeowners' association may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in St. Charles, MO or to trees. Where's the best place for what I want to use it for? Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As the centerpiece of your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when the weather isn't great? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What type of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking brick or marble custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing St. Charles, MO families the custom fire pits that fit both your tastes and needs. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in St. Charles, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Landscaping Today for Your Custom Fire Pit in St. Charles, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic team of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your property personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.