The Perfect Custom Fire Pit to Complete Your Outdoor Space
Custom Fire Pits in Westwood, MO. People have been gathering around fire since before recorded history. While that remains the same, nowadays a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction knows how to see you home and yard as one cohesive unit, takes your ideas into account, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Westwood, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit with a campfire-like feel, or one ideal for hosting outdoor parties, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Westwood, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for flames that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people can easily gather and move around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on why you want a fire pit in the first place.
Fire bowls can be small enough to warm your hands, or big enough to warm your entire backyard. They're best for homeowners in Westwood, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while watching the sun go down. Because they're low to the ground, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller to help the heat spread more.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and food items can site, or where you can rest your feet. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They look great as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are petite and portable and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're ideal for providing a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of an old school campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and can be put in storage when not in use. The fires are typically wood-burning, and rings help keep the embers and wood from leaving the fire.
Inspired by ancient Asian architecture, pagodas are vertically rectangular fire pits with a curved roof and chimney where smoke can escape to. They resemble large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are thin and typically at least four or five feet tall. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have fire coming directly from the square top. These are perfect for smaller decks in Westwood, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They usually have ornate designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Westwood, MO
Poynter offers custom fire pits because we know that pre-imagined designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit that is perfect for your home and what you want it for. We've put together four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit is easily removed to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines in order to give you a realistic, gas-powered flame.
Others may prefer top burn wood. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to impress Westwood, MO family and friends with your fire-making skills.
- What part of my yard do I want the fire pit in? If you opt for a permanent permanent, local laws or your HOA may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Westwood, MO or to foliage. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it off away in the yard as a quiet, mini-getaway? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you be warm outside when the weather isn't ideal? Or next to the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? There are several types of fire pits. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can drinks, appetizers, or dessert over?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a gorgeously designed stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has decades of experience providing Westwood, MO families the custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about the great work we've done with our client testimonials, or look at our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Westwood, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Westwood, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists who combine their skills to turn your outdoor living space into the envy of your Westwood, MO friends, family, and neighbors. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.