Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Maplewood, MO. Humans have been finding security and comfort around fire since pre-historic times. While that hasn't changed, in today's society a custom fire pit is great to make your family and guests more comfortable. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and applies innovative ideas to come up with a custom fire pit and fits your tastes and purposes in Maplewood, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Types of Fire Pits in Maplewood, MO
"Fire Pit" is an umbrella term for a source of fire that a group of people can gather around. It differs from a built-in outdoor fireplace in that people form a circle around a fire pit. There are different types of fire pits, and the one best for you will largely depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a vast range of sizes. They're ideal for homeowners in Maplewood, MO who look forward to hanging out with friends, digging into a book, or having an evening drink with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can put legs under the fire bowl so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a place around the fire where glasses and hors d'oeuvres can site, or where you can safely put your feet up. These are ideal for having people over for dinner or socializing. They're great to put in the middle of a group of outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on patio tables, decks, or small tables around a pool. They're great for keeping hands warm while you eat and discouraging mosquitoes.
These are the fire pits most like a classic campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and are easy to store when not in use. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Based on traditional Asian design concepts, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney for ventilation. They give the impression of large lanterns, and the heat can be felt on all four sides.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are perfect for smaller patios in Maplewood, MO as they don't take up much horizontal space. They typically have magnificent stone sidings.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Maplewood, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that one or two designs aren't the best for every outdoor space. You need to find the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four essential questions to ask before buying a fire pit:
- Should I get a permanent installation, or one I can move when not in use? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. But a portable custom fire pit can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter knows how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
On the other hand, you may prefer the classic wood-burning approach. It's hard to beat the sound of crackling wood on a chilly evening, and it's always nice to put your Maplewood, MO friends and family in awe with your fire-making skills.
- Where do I want to put my fire pit? If you choose a permanent permanent, Maplewood, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have rules about the proximity of the fire pit to neighbor's property in Maplewood, MO or to foliage. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you can enjoy a fire when it's raining? Or by the swimming pool so you can stay warm while swimming at night.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want a standard, low-sitting circle to keep you warm as you sit around it? A taller, fire column to keep people warm during cocktails and mingling? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what kind of style custom fire pit do you want? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Maplewood, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you'd like to know more about what we can do for your outdoor space, call us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Maplewood, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Maplewood, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Maplewood, MO
Poynter Landscaping is made up of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home personalized attention to give you the results you want. We are well known for our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We're more than happy to help you with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to completely make over your outdoor living space. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your perfect custom fire pit.