Commune Around a Fire Pit Like Our Ancestors Did
Custom Fire Pits in Chesterfield, MO. Humans have been gathering around fire since pre-historic times. While that remains the same, nowadays a custom fire pit can help accentuate your yard. Poynter Landscape Architecture & Construction takes a holistic view of your home and yard, takes your ideas into account, and applies outside-the-box thinking to come up with the perfect custom fire pit for your needs in Chesterfield, MO. Whether you want a gas or wood-burning, a custom fire pit that feels like a campfire, or one ideal for hosting dinners and cocktails, call Poynter Landscaping today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Types of Fire Pits in Chesterfield, MO
"Fire Pit" is a general term for a source of fire that a group of people can gather around. As opposed to an outdoor fireplace, people form a circle around a fire pit. What type of fire pit installation is best for you will mostly depend on how you use it.
Fire bowls come in a huge range of sizes. They're ideal for homeowners in Chesterfield, MO want to use the fire pit for sitting around the fire with friends, reading by themselves, or drinking a glass of wine with their partner while stargazing. Because they're they're typically not very tall, they're good for keeping people sitting in chairs warm. You can make the fire bowl taller so the heat spreads further.
Fire tables can be made in a variety of shapes, from circles, to rectangles, to octagons. They have a wide rim around the fire where glasses and appetizers can be placed, or where you can safely put your feet up. They're great for having people over for dinner or socializing. They are a great addition as the centerpiece among outdoor couches.
Tabletop Fire Pits
These are the smallest type of fire pit and are designed to be placed on small tables throughout an outdoor space. They're ideal for adding a little extra warmth to an outdoor dinner and keeping the mosquitoes away.
These will remind you most of a traditional campfire. These metal rings are placed on the ground and can be put way when you're not using them. These are purely wood-burning fire pits, and rings help keep the embers and wood from hurting other people or property.
Based on traditional Asian architecture, pagodas are enclosed, typically square fire pits with a chimney where smoke can escape to. They essentially look like large lanterns, and heat can be felt by someone on any side of it.
These fire pits are taller and thinner. Sometimes the fire comes from a small fire bowl on top, while some have gas lines that produce fire directly from the column. These are ideal for smaller yards in Chesterfield, MO as they provide warmth without taking up too much space. They typically have magnificent designs.
4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Custom Fire Pit in Chesterfield, MO
Poynter designs custom fire pits because we know that stock designs won't be the best for every outdoor space. We'll be able to give you the fire pit fits your tastes and how you envision yourself using it. Below are four important questions to ask before deciding what kind of fire pit you want:
- Do I want a permanent structure, or a portable one? A permanent fixture can can be the focal point of an outdoor space. Or, you can choose a portable option that can be stored to make room for a crowd when you're not using it.
- Do I want a gas or wood-burning fire pit? Gas fire pits can be more convenient as a fire can get started in seconds, and they are much easier to clean. Poynter has a thorough understanding of how to properly install gas fixtures and lines to provide a flame that is both realistic and warming.
Others may prefer top use wood. It's hard to beat the crackle and pop of wood on a cold evening, and you'll be able to impress Chesterfield, MO family and friends with your ability to create a sustainable fire.
- What area of my outdoor space do I want the fire pit in? If you choose a permanent permanent, Chesterfield, MO regulations or your homeowners' association may have restrictions on how close the fire pit can be to neighbor's property in Chesterfield, MO or to trees. You also need to think about how you want it to fit with the rest of your outdoor space. Do you want it in a secluded area for short 2-hour vacations? As a central feature in your patio or terrace? Or in your pergola or pavilion so you keep warm when it's raining? Or close to the swimming pool so you can stay warm between dips in the pool.
- What kind of fire pit do I want? Fire pits come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want one that emulates a campfire? A taller, fire column to keep guests warm as they circulate your patio? Or a table-height fire pit, that you can eat over and then open up after dessert?
Also, what do you want the aesthetics of your fire pit to be? Do you want a classic looking stone custom fire pit? Or a sleeker, more modern look?
Our team has become a household name in Chesterfield, MO because we know how to design and build custom fire pits that go perfectly with the rest of your yard. If you have any questions about what type of fire pit is best for you, or want our expert opinion on it, get in touch with us today at 636-256-2600. You can read about what we've done for other Chesterfield, MO residents with our client testimonials, or check out our gallery and project spotlight to see it for yourself.
Other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Why Choose Poyner Landscaping for Your Custom Fire Pit in Chesterfield, MO
Poynter Landscaping consists of an innovative and energetic group of designers, architects and horticulturists with extensive experience and an outstanding reputation. We give both you and your home the special attention you deserve to give you the results you want. We take pride in our friendly approach, both to our clients and the environment. We delight in helping people with a small project or enhancement, or use our hardscape design and gardening and landscaping services to build the complete outdoor living space of your dreams. Call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online for your ideal custom fire pit.