Kirkwood, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard You've Always Wanted
Deck builder in Kirkwood, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Kirkwood, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-planned and well-built deck can turn any outdoor area into a space everyone wants to be and relax in. However, installing a deck is hard work. This is when a professional Kirkwood, MO deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can help you create the outdoor space you've always wanted, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our expert designers and craftsman have been helping Kirkwood, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for more than almost three decades. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your home, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a great way to extend your home to the outside. A deck can do wonders for your Kirkwood, MO home:
- Increases how much your home is worth
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Kirkwood, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Trusting a professional deck builder in Kirkwood, MO ensures that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will work with you to come up with a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also handle acquiring any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Kirkwood, MO regulations.
While many Kirkwood, MO homeowners find the "DIY" part of a home makeover attractive, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas that no one else will, and make sure you and your property are safe during installation. While a DIY approach may save some money initially, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, it'll end up costing more than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Maybe the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can also augment your yard even further by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that are a perfect match for your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your hardscaping needs. We can also help with:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will live together as one and allow you and friends and family to effortlessly enjoy your outdoor space.
Kirkwood, MO Deck Builder: Designs
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Kirkwood, MO, there are several things to think about to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and welcoming outdoor living space. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Do you plan to host large gatherings or prefer a private place to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of how you want to engage with your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Keep in mind factors such as the sun exposure, wind direction, and views to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Kirkwood, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own pros and cons, so it is important to do your research, pay attention to what professional deck builders recommend, and pick a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — What design and style matches your tastes? Will it go with the rest of your home? Decks come in a wide range of styles, from straightforward to detailed, conventional to modern. Go over aspects such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — How much have you put aside for your deck? The price of building a deck can change widely based on factors like size, materials, design, and features. Deciding on a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — What maintenance will your deck require over the years? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to keep them looking their best. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance expenses when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? Most local Kirkwood, MO building codes mandate permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal troubles. Furthermore, building codes specify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to abide by all regulations to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By considering these factors and hiring an experienced Kirkwood, MO deck builder, you can create an appealing and functional property that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll deliver a custom deck that looks amazing while serving a purpose.
Deck Materials Used in Kirkwood, MO
Most decks are built to look like wood, however there are a few different materials that can be used to create your custom deck. Most Kirkwood, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks are the classic option for homeowners. They are relatively inexpensive, attractive, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be customized to fit any size or shape. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and prevent decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without the maintenance. They come in a wide range of colors and finishes, however, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe option for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Kirkwood, MO
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to focus on finding a design that meets your needs and augments your Kirkwood, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward layout. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and versatile layout that can have different spaces devoted to different purposes. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your indoor and outdoor space and can offer a sense of continuity. Wraparound decks can cover one or more floors and can be constructed with different materials and finishes to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to the side of a building. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want more seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and can be designed in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It provides a secluded and raised outdoor space and can offer stunning scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful planning and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and non-swimmers can use it to lounge around. It's imperative to pick a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The layout of your deck will be based on your tastes and how we can make your Kirkwood, MO outdoor living space more cohesive and more relaxing. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Kirkwood, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your Kirkwood, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in Kirkwood, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on several factors, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to weather. Typically, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Kirkwood, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. On average, the cost of a new deck in Kirkwood, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more elaborate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Kirkwood, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Kirkwood, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Kirkwood, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last half a century or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Kirkwood, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Kirkwood, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Kirkwood, MO
If you're a homeowner in Kirkwood, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, a knowledgeable group of professional Kirkwood, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Kirkwood, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.