Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Sappington, MO. If you want to transform your yard into a charming and functional landscape, you may have just got done searching, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Sappington, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for over 25 years. Our experienced team of designers and horticulturists are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our expertise to turn your preferences into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Sappington, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Sappington, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy the upkeep of their gardens and trees, there are myriad reasons to hire a professional for your project. Below are a few reasons why:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the education and abilities to create beautiful, pragmatic landscapes that bridge your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Property analysis — Professional landscapers can assess your yard and determine the best use of space, bearing in mind factors such as shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Sappington, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a feasible budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the expertise to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can manage all that for you. They can oversee the entire project, from design to construction, and give you peace of mind that everything is carried out the right way.
- Boost property value — A well-designed landscape can make your property worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that will make people want to live in your home. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your home's overall value.
While many Sappington, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're redesigning your entire outdoor space, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is a must.
How to Pich the Best Local Sappington, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of contracting a professional Sappington, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your landscaping. The following are some things to consider:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their landscaping.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect opportunity to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their landscaping and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in the area.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it online. Look at the work they've done on other Sappington, MO homes and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can check out our client testimonials here, or take a look at our gallery and project spotlight.
Principles of Landscape Design in Sappington, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of design that unifies all the other principles. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the principle of instilling a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of the plants and structures in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the landscape. This includes taking into account how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above principles, it is important to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using native plants and materials, having appropriate drainage, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can have a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another vital thing to take into account when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in how the space will be used, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests around your Sappington, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, it is crucial to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes choosing plants and materials that minimize the need for ongoing upkeep. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in Sappington, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be used to create numerous lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your yard, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of tranquility in the landscape. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the style to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Sappington, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Landscape Design Near Me in Sappington, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Sappington, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Sappington, MO community for our over two and a half decades in business. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every yard in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.