Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Warson Woods, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may have just got done looking up, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Warson Woods, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over 25 years. Our expert team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and innovative. We dare you to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our abilities to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Warson Woods, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Advantages of Hiring a Professional Warson Woods, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are numerous benefits to working with a professional Warson Woods, MO landscape designer. Here are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in Warson Woods, MO:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to create alluring, practical outdoor spaces that pair your needs with what you have in mind.
- Property analysis — Professional landscapers can assess your yard and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things like shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Warson Woods, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a practical budget for your landscaping and identify ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the experience to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with a homeowners' association, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring an easy and hassle-free experience. They can oversee the entire project, from design to installation, and leave you confident that everything is done the right way.
- Increase property value — A well-designed landscape can make your home worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer design and install a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you pick plants, materials, and features that will improve your property's overall value.
While many Warson Woods, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major updates to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local Warson Woods, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Warson Woods, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your project. The following are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect time to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their landscaping and has an exceptional reputation locally.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely want to to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Warson Woods, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you want.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can check out our client testimonials here, or check out our gallery and previous projects.
Principles of Landscape Design in Warson Woods, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of coming up with a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can attain this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This includes considering the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the above principles, it is important to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another crucial thing to take into account when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help usher guests around your Warson Woods, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Warson Woods, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be arranged in a way to create numerous lovely effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, soil type, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your yard, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of peace in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of mood. This is essential for outdoor spaces that you want to be in when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the style to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Warson Woods, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Landscape Design Near Me in Warson Woods, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Warson Woods, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Warson Woods, MO neighborhoods for our over two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every project in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.